Monday, August 4, 2014

Goodbye (for now)

I play the game,
but I have never been
very good at it,
just like I have never been
good at this domestication
thing,
fixing the house,
working on the yard,
making repairs to the car,
passing it on to the next generation,
growing old;
etc.
etc.
etc.;
it wasn't supposed to be
like this,
it was supposed to be
rock-n-roll,
fast cars,
faster women,
live hard,
die young;
somewhere along the line,
things changed;
I learned to cope,
I made adjustments,
I found a shelter where
I could hide;
then I fell in love with you;
things are not as they appear,
I don’t do this for a living,
in spite of bold words,
and exaggerated fantasies,
suggesting otherwise,
I’m in way over my head,
drowning in a sea,
with no land in sight,
this is not what I would choose,
if it were mine to choose,
but emotions and who we love,
is not ours to choose;
I thought I could handle it,
but I am not handling it
very well;
now, I just want to go home;
this is my problem,
I know that,
I will never blame you,
and I don’t want you
to blame yourself;
this is also goodbye,
or at least an honest effort,
I have tried before,
so goodbye;
(for now).
.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive