Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Something New

In the morning You are there, like a breath of sweet springtime air, renewing my mind, refreshing my soul, providing comfort and hope; bring me home to You.

Some days the confusion runs so deep,
I no longer know which end is up
or which end is down,
what is true and what is false,
who I am and who I am not,
inside I am like a sad, pathetic,
little child,
wandering lost and alone,
afraid of everyone and
everything,
trying to find my way,
searching for the road home,
I only know
if I can just hold on to You,
everything will be alright.

The day begins anew,
bright and fresh,
the darkness fades,
as the morning light
rises on the horizon,
the hope grows within,
and if I can just hold on to You,
everything will be alright;

today is the beginning
of something new.

This body grows weary,
weak and frail,
failing minute by minute,
but I am not afraid,
as I become less
You become more,
standing by my side,
providing strength,
bringing comfort,
and if I can just hold on to You,
everything will be alright;

today is the beginning
of something new.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive