Sunday, February 27, 2011

Closer Than a Brother

Search my mind and heart O Lord,
remove the darkness and doubt,
shelter me from the enemy
waiting outside these prison walls,
ready to abuse and exploit
even the slightest weakness,
help me overcome the anger,
pull me from the turmoil,
defeat the fleshly lusts,
destroy the deadly perversions,
deliver me from the consuming evil;

let me find refuge in You.

Re-create all that I am,
make me in the mirror
of Your holy image,
bathe me in the wonder
of Your magnificent light,
fill me with Your wondrous love.

Nothing is beyond
Your powerful touch,
all things are possible
for You O Lord,
even this.

To You do I surrender,
in You do I trust,
before You do I fall,
into Your hands
do I commend my spirit;

You who are my King,
You who are my shining light,
You who guides my every step
through the eternal darkness
of this long black night;

You who stands by my side
closer than a brother.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive