Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Keeping An Eye On You

I had my bar dream
the other night,
only this time
it was a little different,
it started out the same,
same old rundown,
dimly lit,
hole-in-the-wall bar,
with the same lowdown,
rundown,
shady characters,
sitting around drinking
god knows what.

I have this dream
quite often,
and it always seems
as if I am finally
at home,
sitting on the barstool
with all the other
losers,
but like I said,
last night
was a little different,
this guy walked by
who seemed familiar;

“Bukowski?”, I asked,
he stopped and nodded,
we started talking,
I told him he was the greatest
which he took in stride,
I’m sure he had heard it
all before.

He wasn’t anything
like I expected him to be,
very polite
and well mannered,
when I commented on it
he just smiled and said;

“Don’t believe everything you read kid,
especially if I wrote it”

then he said;

“I’ll be keeping an eye on you.”

Later,
when I had been awake
for several hours,
I thought;

keeping an eye on me?
what the hell did he mean
by that?
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive