Thursday, June 1, 2017

Let There Be



















it has never been easy for me,
letting things go,
a taste would never do,
I always wanted more;
food,
drink,
money,
sex,
ocean beaches,
life;
I never wanted the party to end,
I was never satisfied or fulfilled,
it was never enough,
I wanted it all,
all the time;
it was always about me,
what I desired,
what I needed,
what made me happy;
but the truth is,
it was never about me,
or anyone else,
it has always been about loving your neighbor
as you would love yourself,
about doing unto others,
as you would have them do unto you,
about forgiving others their trespasses,
if you expect to be forgiven yours,
about the God who spoke us into existence,
about the God who said “Let there be”;
and there was;
the God who sent His only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in Him,
shall not perish but have everlasting life,
the God who loved us first,
the God who is righteous and holy;
the God who is LOVE.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive