Sunday, June 11, 2017

DOR


























springtime sunshine,
green shades of youth,
I remember your energy,
your voice,
it was the voice
of fresh new rain,
it was the energy of life itself,
it was all I heard,
it was all I needed;
then suddenly you were gone,
and everything was different;
the darkness,
gave way to new light,
springtime breeze,
smelled like an old
and trusted friend,
silence
filled the space
where you once lived,
I searched for so long
without knowing
what it was
I was searching for,
lost in this fog
swirling inside,
only brief memories
of a touch,
echoes of your voice,
it all seemed so ridiculous,
so hopeless,
and what did it matter?
words never changed one thing,
what will be will be,
our lives are nothing
without each other,
meaningless
without the memories;
in the end,
we became
our own god and goddess,
forever linked
with one another;
I remember now.
/
DOR II
the old man looks so hard,
silently watching
as life passes by,
moving so fast,
without a glance
it’s gone,
the power no longer there,
he silently returns
to sweeping the sidewalk,
just a fleeting moment,
a blink of the eye;
I hear your voice,
I feel you in the darkness,
I hold you in the night,
your energy fills me up;
I don’t care
anymore,
I only want you,
I’ve traveled so far,
you are so close now,
I can smell your freshness,
like a springtime meadow,
nothing matters,
they can take it all,
nothing matters
but you;
I give you all I have.
/
DOR III
she searches
for a home to call her own,
with a wisdom
beyond her tender years,
in a life
filled with dreams
and broken promises,
she fights back the tears;
I hold her in my arms,
as her demons
chase her through the night,
softly kissing her sweet face
until the early morning light;
I have loved her soul
from the beginning of time,
I have loved her face
forever.
/
DOR IV
your voice
is the voice of life,
your face
is the face of truth;
you bring me up,
only to dash me
on the rocks below,
closing my eyes,
I scream the words
frozen
in my cold soul,
breaking through
the chains
which hold it forever;
softly
touching my hand,
you bring me down,
only to lift me up
to the highest mountain top,
floating
above the suffering and misery,
dancing slowly
in each other’s arms;
if they only knew,
if they only had seen,
instead of that
which they wanted to know,
which they wanted to see;
it was there,
waiting to be found, but
they walked right on by,
never noticing,
never stopping;
still;
there has always been
you.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive