Friday, July 10, 2015

Cold






















dark, gray, rainy morning,
the cold burning pain, runs down
my tired, trembling leg,
old memories slither forth,
lost and forgotten thoughts ooze
from hidden cracks and holes,
silent friends whisper sweet hellos
into well tuned ears;
fight or flight?
outside, the winter wind blows,
the running feelings return,
the get in the car and start driving,
while never looking back voices
start talking;
so many years,
so many battles,
does it never end?
does it never give up?
stay with me Father,
hold my head above the fray,
protect me from unseen enemies,
let my eyes see the light of one
more precious day,
make the cold winter wind,
on dark, gray, rainy mornings,
fade away;
lead me through this darkness,
help me make a stand,
protect me once more with
Your mighty protective hand,
silence the mocking voices
whispering inside,
never let me go,
never let me forget,
that for You,
all things are possible;
bring me home to You.
.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive