Friday, July 31, 2015

A Satisfying Day
















we walked the beach today,
she made a remark about all the trash,
“it’s from the weekend crowd” I tell her,
“it’s our human footprint, our legacy,
everywhere humans go their trash is
sure to follow;”
“you’re always so dark and negative” she says,
and in my mind I think, ‘she’s right of course,’
I wish it were not so;
we talked about current events and
certain actors behaving badly, “I’m not sure
if he’s delusional or a genius,” I say, “maybe
he knows exactly what he’s doing”
they say bad pr is better than no pr at all;
we discussed my dream from the night before,
(actually I did, she could have cared less,)
“what do you think it means?” I ask,
“I don’t know” she says, ”I never know what
your dreams mean, what do you think it means?”
“I don’t know” I replied;
and that was the end of that;
walking back, I fight the voice whispering
inside my head to go to a bar and get wasted,
along with not giving in to the inner urge
telling me to stare at the very attractive
young lady, in a very skimpy string bikini,
laying on a towel next to her boyfriend;
all-in-all, between trash and dreams,
and small personal victories over
basic human weakness and flaws;
it was a very satisfying day.
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive