Monday, September 8, 2014

Seige



















outside this worn,
and battered fortress,
the enemy patiently waits,
laying siege to these
crumbling walls,
setting traps and hidden snares,
offering enticing lures and
self-gratifying baits,
silently probing and testing,
continuously searching for
weakness and flaws;
preparing for the final assault;
within the darkness,
I seek Your face,
through the long lost night,
I wait for Your presence;
rise up O mighty Lord,
defend me from unknown enemies,
free me from unseen bars,
fill me with Your holy fire,
bathe me in Your glorious light,
overwhelm me with
Your Holy Spirit;
You are all that I desire,
You are all that I need,
You are the center of my hope,
You are the answer to
every question;
You are all there is;
in You shall I find relief,
through You shall I overcome,
in You shall I have victory,
through You shall I be delivered;
stay with me forever,
strengthen my weakening defenses,
prepare my heart for the coming battle,
let me be triumphant in the face of defeat;
bring me home to You.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive