Saturday, September 27, 2014

Doctrine





















I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.   Romans 16:17-18
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.   Ephesians 4:14-15
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.   2 Timothy 4:2-5
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay own his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.   John 15: 12-17
entire sanctification,
speaking in tongues,
special discernment,
gifts of the spirit,
self-declared knowledge,
man-made wisdom,
vanities of the heart;
mysterious new doctrines,
emotional roller coaster rides,
puffed up words,
fading with the dust;
one truth,
one Lord,
one kingdom;
in the end,
all that will be left
is love;
for now we see with imperfection,
peering through a fog shrouded mist,
unable to find clarity or
complete understanding,
one day the fog will roll away,
the doubt will be removed,
we shall see through eyes of perfection,
we shall know perfect truth,
we shall experience perfect love;
Lord I am so unworthy,
I am so inadequate;
go away from me,
for I am a sinful man;
tear out my sin-filled eyes,
burn my lips and tongue
with hot burning coals,
let the whole world be silent,
before Your magnificent
and holy presence;
let every knee bow,
let every heart confess,
that You and You alone,
are Lord and King,
that to You and You alone,
does all glory belong;
let me escape false teachers,
who no longer follow sound doctrine,
rabid dogs who know not truth,
nor allow others to follow its path,
fading mists, speaking vain words
for itching ears to hear,
let me walk in Your light,
let me live in Your love;
let Your will be done
forever.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive