Friday, September 27, 2013

Optimism

She hung around until the money ran out,
then she was gone,
the lights stayed on
for a couple months after that,
then they were gone too,
it’s ok,
I don’t need them anyway,
candles and my hand work
just fine;
along with a healthy imagination;
the phone still works,
(for now),
when it goes
it will be a big blow
to all the telemarketers,
they like people like me
because I listen politely
to their whole spiel
without interrupting them once,
just to hear someone else talking,
and when they ask
if I would like to order
whatever it is they are selling
I say sure, why not?
of course they always get a little pissed
when I tell them I don’t
have a credit card,
but at least they got to practice
their whole routine
without getting the phone
slammed in their ear;
so I figure they
can’t be too mad.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive