Monday, June 10, 2013

Words

all my life;
I have been waiting for magnificent words of truth,
searching for polished pearls of passionate wisdom
hidden within the great and wonderful secrets
of an unknown universe,
which when read would illuminate the mind
and liberate the soul
with the might and power
of which they speak,
I have read all the egotistical, self-serving
bullshit of others,
I have listened to all the self-made giants
speak of glorious triumphs
over the inner man,
I have heard all about their total and complete
conquests of the human spirit,
and in them all I see the vanity and futility
of their watery words,
they are all just passing vapor,
disappearing into the portals of time,
they are as nothing or anything,
gone within the exhalation of a breath,
snuffed like summer bugs
on highway windshields;
words;
they scurry around like cockroaches
in the middle of a kitchen floor,
they fly like ravenous bats in the dimming
nighttime skies,
they shift and moan like a whore
on a sultry Saturday night,
they rape and pillage until there is no more,
they cry out while dying a thousand deaths,
impaled upon the scallions
of shame and conceit;
I have played these word games before,
I have won and lost,
I have created illusions of the mind
while hiding within the walls
of palatial palaces,
showing only enough to satisfy
payments due,
while arousing the passions
of unquenchable fires;
but this time the stakes
are beyond the limits,
this time there is no convenient
way out,
there is no providential safety net
spread out below,
this time it is for real,
this time it is life or death,
this time it is final;
in here there are no secrets,
in here everything is brought out
into the light;
I know that for You
all things are possible,
I know that You and You alone
are LORD of my life.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive