Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Poetry/Teacher




















poetry?
so that’s what this is,
all this time
I thought it was just
schizophrenia,
quiet voices
whispering softly
inside my head,
fragmented thoughts
coming and going,
so much left unsaid,
must be a fine line,
perhaps the inflection
or tone
makes the difference;
and just think
it comes without years of study
or warm shots of whiskey;
who would have thought it possible?
certainly not my old English teacher.
________________________________

Teacher
 teacher,
where are you now?
teacher
don’t you have
any wise words now?
are you still enjoying
being an intellectual
SOB
NOW?

did you have your
mandatory
mid-life
crisis?
did you go through
your obligatory
messy
divorce?
tell me
teacher,
do you still
look down
your pointed little nose
and pass judgment,
deciding
who deserves life
and who doesn't?
is everybody
still cast
into the roles
of dumb jocks
and cool non-jocks?

I gave you a glimpse
inside my soul,
you tossed it aside
with nothing more
than a glance,
I gave you all there was;
all you gave me
was a D.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive