Friday, June 1, 2012

Endoscopy


Had an endoscope today,
was supposed to have someone drive me home,
told them my wife was here;
they never asked if she could drive or not,
it wasn’t bad,
the driving that is,
about 35 miles from Roanoke to home,
I’ve driven further in worse condition,
although it has been awhile,
I did find my past experiences
with one-eyed navigation did come
in handy however,
anyway, I made it home,
was gonna go into work
but decided that wouldn’t be
possible;
so I went to sleep.

Woke up and began to evaluate
what the doctor told me,
it all seemed like a blur,
I remembered something about
Barrett’s esophagus, and esophageal hiatal
hernia,
oh yeah and petechiae and erythema in the
duodenal bulb which is compatible with
duodenitis,
wtf?

Got the papers out,
says they’re going to contact me
with the biopsy results,
hmmmm don’t remember the doctor
mentioning that;
how do they get a biopsy with a
camera?

Anyway, he wants me to continue
taking the proton pump inhibitors,
the same ones I’ve been taking
for 10 years now,
the same ones which doctors have
increased the dosage over the years
so that now I’m taking 4 times the
recommended amount,
the same ones that have resulted
in severe calcium and
vitamin b12 deficiencies,
the same ones that studies have shown
can result in many of the problems I have now,
like my body hurting so bad
I have to take 3 ibuprofen
before I go to work or do any
physical activity,
the same studies which have linked long term
ppi use with stomach and esophageal cancer;
guess the doctor never read that study;
oh, he wants me to stop taking the ibuprofen;
might cause stomach ulcers;
funny;
the endoscope says my stomach
is perfectly normal.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive