Friday, October 9, 2015

I Thirst




Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.   Matthew 5:6
Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”   John 4:13-14
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a sponge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth. When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.   John 19:28-30
I thirst O Lord,
for Your wisdom and knowledge,
I hunger for Your love and peace,
I live for Your truth and light,
I seek Your mercy and grace;
Your words rest within my soul,
like rare and precious jewels,
perfect in every way,
shining brilliant and bright,
worth more than all the wealth,
all the power, this world has to offer,
providing depth and understanding beyond my
limited comprehension, opening my blinded eyes,
bringing vision and hope;
deliver me O Lord,
from the evil of this eternal night,
hold my hand until the end,
help me rise above the moment,
free me from the enemy’s traps and snares,
guide my journey along these dark and treacherous paths,
forgive my trespasses, see past my weakness,
allow me to be a witness to Your never ending glory,
let my lips praise Your righteous and holy name;
to You do I belong,
in You shall I remain;
my Lord!
my King!
my Savior!
my God!
my Everything!
I thirst O Lord,
for You.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive