Wednesday, February 6, 2013

For The First Time


I read their poems,
I feel their rage,
I see their sadness,
I understand their frustration,
I know their darkness,
I have been on that side
of the fence;
I have been where they are.

Like a giant vacuum,
it sucks you into
the deep murky mire,
echoes from below
cry out within,
as visions of madmen
standing on the platform,
waiting for a train
that never comes,
flash before your burned out
cynical eyes;
I have been to their edge.

This body fades,
for the first time
words come to life,
for the first time
the possibilities
far outweigh the
realities;
for the first time
I am clean.

The pain grows,
as you hold it inside,
like a deformed child,
locked away,
out of sight,
out of mind;
no one listens,
no one sees,
no one understands;
but You.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive