Thursday, March 1, 2012

Calera, Alabama

Sitting in Calera, Alabama,
the temperature outside is 17 degrees,
supposed to get down to 0 tonight,
we came south to escape the cold,
now I’m trying not to freeze to death,
hoping I can hold on until next week;
when the arctic blast
is supposed to lift.

We traveled from New Jersey
to Pensacola in December,
didn’t want to deal with
the cold and snow,
spent a month visiting
our youngest daughter
and son-in-law,
we left Pensacola
to do volunteer work
in a Nazarene district camp,
January in Calera, Alabama,
in a travel trailer;
probably not the smartest move
huh?

Of course everybody says
this isn’t ‘normal’,
doesn’t usually get this cold
in the Birmingham area,
but that doesn’t help much,
as I sit here worrying
whether my water lines
are going to freeze up and break,
or whether my propane bottles
need filling,
or whether my feet are going to
get feeling back into them;
or whether Petey,
my Jack Russell Terrier,
is ever gonna take a shit again.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive