Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Osama

Note: I know people will read this and some will see it as an endorsment of Osama Bin Laden and his actions. I can't help that. I want to make it clear that I do not support or endorse the Osama Bin Laden's of the world or their causes or actions. I find them irrehensible and disgusting. However I also cannot stand the lies and hypocrisy on either side. So with that being said I hope you will read the real message I was trying to convey in this.  

Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the Lord will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him.      Proverbs 24:17-18

What can be said
for one such as this?

he was not a coward,
he was not a hypocrite,
he was not a madman
hungry for power;

in many ways he was everything
most of us can only dream of being;

fearless,
committed,
standing firm in what he believed,
openly declaring war on an enemy
much more powerful than he,
paying the consequences for his actions;

“for all who draw the sword will die
by the sword.” Matthew 26:52.

Late night comics gleefully mock
his life and death,
anything for ratings and cheap laughs,
children, drunk and spoiled,
dance in the street,
chanting words and catch phrases
about issues for which they
could care less,
just another excuse to party,
celebrating his death like some super bowl
or national championship victory;

you reaped what you sowed,
but you deserved better than this,
your victims deserved better too.

I do not mourn your death,
rather I find it sad
that one such as you
could be deceived,
unable to find the truth,
swallowed up by the darkness,
blinded by the hatred;

it makes me wonder
what hope there is
for the rest of us.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

Followers

Blog Archive